Sunday, July 30, 2017

Boxycharm July 2017

First off, what is Boxycharm? Boxycharm is a monthly subscription box that features 5 full sized products. The cost of a box is $21 on the monthly subscription (discount on longer subs). The value of each box is always well over what you pay. Average value is $100 on the low end, but I have had boxes worth around $150+ in the past.
  Here is my referral link, it gives me points if you sign up:
https://boxycharm.com/refer/Heath-LAOTSDBT

Every month Boxycharm has a theme. This month the theme for Boxycharm was "Cutie Pie."
This month my box was worth $127! Which is very impressive.
I received 5 full sized products:

1. Colourpop Ultra MAtte Lip in the shade "Beeper" - $6
I actually was extremely happy that I received this, I ADORE the Ultra Matte Lip formula. I was extremely happy that I got a shade I have not purchased on my own yet. The formula is long lasting and transfer proof once dry. If you properly care for your lips the formula should work for you.
*** I actually prefer to use my Lip Revival by Beauty for Real mentioned in another blog post before using these, oh did I mention I got that in Decembers Boxycharm?***


2. Uni-Brow Universal Eyebrow Pencil - $12
I have not used this on my brows yet, my reason being that when I swatched it, it was a bit light of a color. I have dark hair and dark eyebrows so a light shade is not ideal for me. I also don't really like the triangle shape of it. I will still at least attempt to use it.

3. Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo by BareMinerals - $32
I never used translucent powders, they never seemed to work. But it being 90 degrees out made me give this a chance. I am so glad I received this! It works wonders, my makeup stayed on my face all day. I apply the Matte shade to my nose, forehead, and on my cheek area closest to my nose. This is where I sweat on my face the most. This powder actually made those areas not sweat as bad? Idk if thats a usual result but I LOVE it. I havent really felt the need for the glow side because I like a strong blinding glow, however I suppose I can set my highlight with it!


4. Spray, Set, Go Makeup Setting Spray By Project Beauty- $32
I have tried a few setting sprays and swore they did nothing. I did however try this one. It has a light scent that I kinda like, I am unsure of how to describe it. I used it on a hot humid day and believe it or not my face stayed put all day! It is like freaking magic! I am now one of those girls that sets her face!
5. Electric Eyes Palette by Blinc -$45
This palette has 5 "jewel toned" shades. They are ridiculously pigmented, like I am serious, a little goes a long way! Mine came broken in the mail (due to postal carriers and the shadow being so buttery and soft) Boxycharm will send me a replacement hassle free =]. Anyways this is honestly a very amazing palette to have, but you might want another palette handy if you like combining shimmers with mattes.
Okay Now the good part. The Swatches!
Top 5 Shades from the Blinc Palettte, Beeper, Unibrow
These pictures do no justice to how gorgeous and sparkly the Blinc Shadows really are, for that I am sorry, I only had indirect natural lighting available.

Do you think that Boxycharm is worth $21 ? I know I do!

- Heather "The Dinoess"



1 comment:

  1. Girl try the Brow pencil! I have pretty dark hair too and like my brows dark as well. I felt kinda iffy about it but gave it a shot. They say it's universal and it really is! I don't know how it worked and maybe it was just me but try it!!

    ReplyDelete

A Skincare Routine for Everyone on your List

Hey There,  Welcome to my next edition of What Should (NOT) Be Under Your Tree This Year. Today I want to introduce an amazing, most defin...