Monday, July 17, 2017

Skin Care First Impressions : Garnier Skin Active and 7th Heaven Black- Seaweed Peel-Off

So yesterday my good friend Meagan told me I should pick up this cleanser she had been using.  The cleanser she suggested is the "new"  Garnier Skin Active : The Gentle Sulfate Free Cleanser. I happened to go to Wal-mart today with my sister and they had it in stock (which is surprising because our local Wal-Mart runs out of everything). While I was looking around the skin care section I also noticed these 7th Heaven Black Seaweed Peel-Off masks for just a little over $1. So I decided why not!  I used both products tonight and wanted to share my first impressions.

Garnier Skin Active : The Gentle Sulfate Free Cleanser
 The bottle has loads of information on the front, which is a little different.
It reads:
 "Gently foams to remove oil, impurities & makeup for soft healthier-looking skin. All skin-types, even sensitive skin. NO sulfates, oil, soap, alcohol, fragrance. Dermatologist tested for gentleness" The reverse says that this is a foaming lotion that cleanses and that it is safe for AM and PM use. This intrigues a sensitive, hive-prone skinned girl like myself.
Now onto the good stuff, my opinions....that was a joke. The cleanser is pretty thin and does not have much of a scent, which was expected. It actually does not foam as much as I expected after reading the bottle. But that isn't a bad thing, I don't like overly foaming face washes.  Now rinsing it off, that was a lot harder then I expected. I had to rinse repeatedly for like 2 minutes to get all of it off! Definitely a cleanser I would use in the shower for ease.  After it was finally rinsed off I patted my face dry with a towel as directed. My face felt so clean! But not that annoying, tight, dry skin clean that sometimes occurs with products.  So overall this gave a very good first impression! I will keep using this and see how the long term effects are. Based on the first use I would suggest it, but remember skin products typically take more then one use to show their true results. 

 7th Heaven Black Seaweed Peel-Off Deep Pore Detox Easy Peel Mask
The front of the packaging is short and sweet. The back is FULL of information. This mask has Crushed Sea Salt, Pressed Sea Buckthorn, and Laver Seaweed (only one of these means anything to me to be honest  ahahaha). Anywho, back to what I was saying, these ingredients together cleanse and purify to leave your skin feeling new. It also states that regular use will clear away excess sebum. My favorite part about this? " We're Vegetarian and animals are our friends, that's why we don't bash bunnies or add bits of animals!" This product is PETA Cruelty -Free and Vegetarian Society approved. 
 
I used this according to the directions, the first step was to cleanse your face before use which I did above =] 

So when I first felt the package I thought there was no way there would be enough in it to actually cover my face and peel off in one piece. But there actually was plenty! The mask sort of feels like it has a cooling effect when it is first applied. You apply it in an even layer and let it dry completely for 20-25 minutes. It is true to its drying time. Then you peel that bad boy off! I have used peel off masks before and they make me tear up EVERYTIME. However, this one did not! it isn't one of those "I am going to stick to your skin so tight that I tear out all of that peach fuzz and those blackheads to gross you out" masks. It just comes right off. However it did stain my face grey, so I wiped it clean with a wet cloth.  My cheeks feel so soft and wonderful! I also had this huge zit and it is like 10x smaller now and is no longer hurting! Its practically gone. So this mask is a big win for me and I definitely say buy it and try it for yourself!


Here is the mask after I removed it, you can't see grossness but it comes off so easy ! After this mask I applied my night time moisturizer and called it good to go.


 Thank you for taking your time and reading this First Impressions review.

- Heather "The Dinoess"




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Skincare Routine for Everyone on your List

Hey There,  Welcome to my next edition of What Should (NOT) Be Under Your Tree This Year. Today I want to introduce an amazing, most defin...